So we are off on camp … what should we pack?
Packing for camp
General discussion about what to take on camp.
- Rucksack or a bag? … it doesn’t really matter – this is not a hike. More importantly – everything should fit into ONE bag.
- Clothes – Oldish clothes are better. – with names please
– One set of clothes per day – Shirt, shorts, socks & undies
– Warm clothes for winter – beanie, fleece, Jacket.
– Swimming costume & hat for summer
- Weather proofing – raincoat/windsheeter, space blanket.
Sunscreen & hat.
- Shoes – plain takkies (& some crocks/flip-flops) – they WILL get dirty & wet!
- Mess Kit – Plate, bowl, mug, Knife/fork/spoon, Dish towel,(in a drawstring bag)
- Toiletries kit – Toothpaste & brush, soap, shampoo, towel & face-cloth (in drawstring bag)
- Sleeping bag & groundsheet – in black plastic bag.
- Backwoods/survival kit – Pocket knife & axe/ panga, matches/lighter, emergency numbers, whistle, mirror, emergency blanket
- Personal first aid kit – antihistamine, Antiseptic ointment (Zambuc), anti-diarrhea, plasters, bandage, latex gloves, emergency blanket.
- Random stuff – Black plastic bag
- Camping matress