“I have had a most happy life and I want each one of you to have a happy life too. I believe that God put us in this jolly world to be happy and enjoy life. Happiness does not come from being rich, nor merely being successful in your career, nor by self-indulgence.”
– Lord Baden-Powell
- Hike to Brownsea: Join in the challenge of walking from the scout hall to Brownsea island which is a good 11 852 km. The rules are: 5km cycled = 1km walked; Get your families to join in and log their walks as well; Weekly challenges will be posted to the patrols and make sure to log the distances you’ve walked using the link posted on the whatsapp group!
- Many of the scouts at 1st Henley have decided to take part in the spekboom challenge!
On my honor I promise that I will do my best –
To do my duty to God, and my Country;
To help other people at all times;
To obey the Scout Law.
The Scout’s Law
1. A Scout’s honour is to be trusted.
2. A Scout is loyal.
3. A Scout’s duty is to be useful and to help others,
4. A Scout is a friend to all and a brother (or sister) to every other Scout.
5. A Scout is courteous.
6. A Scout is a friend to animals.
7. A Scout obeys orders.
8. A Scout smiles and whistles under all difficulties.
9. A Scout is thrifty.
10. A Scout is clean in thought, word, and deed
The Scouts Motto is “BE PREPARED”
Scouts Badge Books (up to date as of 2021):
More info to follow soon.