|For beginners & the rest of us..
Kim Shield is a hiking camp – it counts for two nights under canvas.
Meet at the scout hall and pack all kit on the trailer and in cars.
- Personal kit
- Consent forms
- Camp fees
Depart from the scout hall
Arrive at venue and set up camp and sleep overnight.
- Gas cooking equipment
Sleep! It is important to have a good night’s rest to have maximum fun the next day
Rise & shine at ~ 06:00
Eat breakfast – eat well, this is the fuel for the day.
Begin hiking about 09:00
- Visit as many bases as you can
- Remember to drink water – you can fill up your water bottles at the various bases
- The patrol is more important than the individual – work as a team.
- Protection – sunscreen, hat, sleeveless jacket & rain/wind protection.
- Sustenance – food (NOT only sweets & junkfood) and water
Bases close at 16:30
- return to camp – wash up and change into comfortable camp clothes
- Eat a good supper to re-energise you. (and clean up after you)
Patrol leader – report that your patrol is back in the camp Night games
- There are some fun night bases – this only takes an hour or so – have as much fun as you can.
STI’s – or Spare time activities – just do it!
- These are extra challenges to earn you some extra points
- Some are really easy – just do them
- Others need you to draw on your creativity
Sleep – you will be very tired and will benefit from the restorative powers of a good sleep
Rise & shine about 06:00
Tidy up the campsite and personal kit while it is cool and you have the energy
- leave 1 tent up for changing once you return from the hike.
Begin hiking about 08:30
- Have a strategy on which bases you want to get to – also try to avoid the rush at the nearby bases
- Remember the water & sunscreen & hat
Bases close at about 12:00
Patrol leaders – Report in that your patrol is back in camp Hand in STI’s and other requirements for points
- Change into uniform for closing parade
- Pack up the last tents
- Load the trailer and cars
Closing parade – about 13:00
Return to the scout hall – unpack the kit Go home
Eat and Sleep!